Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thing #23 - Creative Commons

This info at the bottom of the Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers website shows me an example of using the Creative Commons license.

*Note: This project is loosely based upon the website 43Things (which allows you to set and track personal goals) and the Stephen Abram article titled 43 Things I (or You) might want to do this year (Information Outlook - Feb 2006).



I thought that the video, “A Fair(y) Use Tale”, did a great job explaining copyright info, not to mention that they used a vary creative way to do this.  Now that I know more about Creative Commons and how to utilize it, I want to use it more often in my classroom to create lessons that really inspire and capture the students attention.  I also hope to share more of this info with coworkers who are interested in learning about Creative Commons and how to use it in their classrooms.  I think that it is also important to share with older students exactly what copyright, plagiarism, and Creative Commons are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment