Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thing # 20 - YouTube




YouTube has some hilarious videos.  This is one of my favs.  I think I first saw it in one of my graduate classes.  It reminds me of people I've tried to help with computers and technology.  Some people are so afraid of losing thingsor tearing it up that they never just try to explore and learn.  Although I'm really older than the digital age generation, I love learning new technology.  I suppose it's like anything.  You have to be willing to fail a little or make mistakes to learn anything.  My hangup is cooking!  My mom is a great cook, and I didn't inherit any of it.  I do try though.  I have come up with some really weird concoctions.  LOL!

Unfortunately, YouTube is blocked at our school.  I realize it's because you never know what your search might turn up.  However, there are some videos I would deem appropriate and useable in an educational setting.  I wish that the site could be utilized at school, and only the inappropriate videos would be blocked.  However, I have been able to save a short video about technology ideas onto a flash drive and been able to share it with my principal.  So there are ways of still using it.  Another idea would be nice if just teachers had access.  This would allow you to find appropriate videos for your lessons during your planning time.

Another video I love is the one about the Evolution of Dance, but I think one of my classmates already shared it.  So I decided to share this one.  First of all, don't get freaked out!  I am not a witch or anything like that!  I found it after attending a meeting at the historical society in my area.  At the meeting, someone mentioned "witching for graves" to find unmarked graves in cemeteries.  The group is writing a book on all the cemeteries in this area.  Although I had heard of people who could "witch for water" when digging a well, I had never heard of this.  I came right home and started Googleing!!  This is the video showing how to "witch for graves".  It seems to only work for some people.  I tried it and it really worked!

No comments:

Post a Comment