Sunday, October 3, 2010

Thing #11 - Finding Good Feeds

For me personally, I prefer to check out my usual sites first to see which ones have RSS feeds available.  Next, I tried doing keyword searches on Google Reader to find topics that I'm actually interested in.  I really didn't want to just add feeds for the sake of adding feeds.  :)  Then, I checked out Edublogs' Award Winners.  There I added a feed to The Two Writing Teachers.  This blog won the best teacher blog category for 2009.  Cool Cat Teacher, which I had already added to my list of feeds, was second runner up in this category as well.  The last method I tried using to find RSS feeds I was interested in was using Topix.net.  Here I was able to search for the lastest news in regards to the recent education controversy about test scores and teacher evaluations.  I added a feed for Education on The Huffington Post.  This news site seemed to have a vast array of news stories in education.

More to come on RSS feeds and what I find useful....

No comments:

Post a Comment