Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thing #13 - Web-based Applications

  Blogging is like writing in a journal....it's just online for all to see.  Web-based Applications are a great way to post to your blog.  Although this is the first time I have tried doing this, it wasn't too hard to figure out.  Since I already had a Google Docs account set up, I decided to use this application instead of using ZohoWriter.  Basically, once you have your document created, you simply click the share button and choose to post on your blog.  With just a couple of clicks, there it was on my blog!  I already liked using Google Docs for working with other students in my online classes.  I have encouraged the use of Google Docs at my school as well.  However, it seems that many people aren't open to change.  Personally, I think that it would be much easier for us to create school-wide documents such as the Needs Assessment and SACS Study.  This would allow each committee to create and produce their own portion of the document and make everyone responsible for the entire creation, except just those same responsible few!  I encourage everyone to check out Google Docs!

No comments:

Post a Comment