Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Summary of the 23 Things Journey

I have really enjoyed the 23 Things journey.  Although some of the things weren't totally new, I was able to rediscover why I looked into them in the first place.  I did, though, learn many new and creative ways to add info to my blog and my classroom.  I am truly a life-long learner, and I want to inspire my students to be too.  With all the technology we have at our fingertips, learning about about anything, from anywhere is possible, not to mention fun.  I have learned how much I really enjoy blogging.  Other than other classmates' blogs, I had never really checked out anyone else's blog.  Seeing what others are blogging about and just how creative their sites are is inspiring.  Although I only saw bits and pieces of the movie, I even searched for the blog about Julie/Julia Childs that was made into a movie.  Some of the items I learned about, but had never used before were the RSS feeds, Animoto, and the online image generators.  These are definitely items I plan to continue to use and learn more about.

Where do I go from here?  Well, I certainly hope to continue my blog even after my graduate classes are finished.  I was happy to discover one day that some of my students have been checking it out.  I know this because one came up and asked me "What thing are you on now?"  That was very exciting!  I hope that my work and ideas will inspire someone in someway.  The Cool Cat, in a former post, said it best, so here are her words, not mine:  "If you died today and don't share 'your secret', it will die with you and you will miss the chance to leave behind something far more important...a legacy."  I can only hope to do just that!

No comments:

Post a Comment