Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Thing #22 - Podcasts

I found a neat podcasts created by a 5th grade class on Podcastdirectory.com.  It is called the ColeyCast.  The particular podcast I listened to was #48 on the different types of sentences.  It was very neat to hear that the students participated and did the podcast.  This would be a great way to have the class practice, study, and teach others about any topic you might be teaching.  It could also be posted to a blog so that the students had access to it to study by or use it for homework help.  The only downside would be that some students may not have internet access at home or any other means to connect to it.  I did try the Educational Podcast Directory, but couldn't find anything in elementary math (unless I wasn't searching correctly).  For a previous class, EDUC 5616, I did have to create a podcast of my own either using GarageBand or Audacity.    Audacity is a free open source software for recording and editing sounds, like podcasts.  Here is a podcast I created about prime factorization.  For me, though, I thought having visuals would make it a lot easier to teach and for someone else to learn.  I am not sure how or if you can do this with podcasting.  Still learning!!

My Podcast on Prime factorization

No comments:

Post a Comment