Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Thing #7 - Explore Flickr



Image Citation: 
Morgpet.  "Happy Guy."  December 25, 2004.  Retrieved Sept. 29, 2010 from http://www.flickr.com/photos/morganpetroski/2536074/#

I absolutely love dogs, well any pets really!  Isn't this little guy just adorable!! While exploring Flickr, I searched for tags containing yorkie.  I also wanted to find a photo with the Creative Commons (CC) tag as well.  It was very easy to search using these tags.  I found thousands of pictures.  At first, however, before I realized they were sorted by copyrighted ones and CC ones, I found a picture of a beautiful porcelin light switch cover that had pink roses and yorkies on it.  Now I want to look for a cover like this for my pink bedroom!!  However, I couldn't add it to my blog since it was copyrighted.  It appears that Flickr would be a great source for classroom visuals.  These could be used on worksheets, lesson presentations, and so forth.  Students really like seeing visuals any time I have used them in my PowerPoint lessons.  I also think visuals help students remember the material much better.  Flickr is definitely something I will use in the future to brighten up my lessons and classroom activities.

I obviously have to add a photo of my precious Chloe here too.  This was taken in Feb. 2010 when she was only 4 months old.   She will have her first birthday in October.

No comments:

Post a Comment