Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thing #8 - Flickr Mashups

This is a photo I took for my Multimedia Creation class this past summer.  While taking pictures of flowers, this butterfly landed on the porch railing.  I took several shots trying to get a good one before it flew away.  Thankfully at least two of the shots did turn out crisp and clear.

Creating jigsaw puzzles using a photo was super easy using the following website:
http://bighugelabs.com/jigsaw.php
In my classroom, I think students would love bringing in their own photos to create something like this.  I also think it might be fun to create a puzzle of the entire class and order one for the classroom.  The students could work at putting the puzzles back together during free time or indoor recess when the weather keeps us from going outside to play.

 I don't mind putting pictures such as this, or pictures of pets, landscapes, and so forth on the internet. I have added a few family pictures to my website and blog.  However, I am still a little hesitant doing it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment